photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Dissecting the Details: Blair Harris



Hello fabulous LDV readers! Nancy of Marcus Design here, and I'm thrilled to be back with another Dissecting the Details. Today's topic of interest is the living room designs of New York-based Blair Harris. I've spotted 3 key elements that Blair tends to use in her glamorous spaces, let's dissect:





I love that Blair adds a cozy little nook for reading to most of her designs. It helps the room appear 'approachable' and liveable. Add built-in book shelves that are carried over the doorway and I am in heaven!





I love the airy quality of Blair's living spaces, and the pastel tones she uses can be manipulated to appear masculine or feminine with carefully selected accessories, as in the 2 examples above.





There's nothing more appealing to the eye than symmetry. It's been tried and tested and in my books, it wins every time. Whether with simple frames above the sofa, or an elaborate layout of furnishings in a mirror-image arrangement, the effect always works!

And there you have it, 3 ways that Blair Harris creates glamorous, yet liveable and inviting living rooms. Visit her site to see more from her portfolio.

4 comments:

Karena said...

Nancy great job, I always love to see a designers trademarks come through in a room they have created! Lovely!

khoward@thames.wwnorton.com

On Madison said...

So much inspiration! We are partial to that first glamorous living room.

Lily L-M said...

I agree about the comfy nooks -- so necessary in design! at least for me!

x Lily
http://whilemyboyfriendsaway.blogspot.com/

Julia said...


Que bonito post, me he paseado por tu bloc y ha estado un regalo visitarlo, te invito a ver el mio, “ Pintar es muy divertido. Constituye una delicia observar y exprimir los colores. Espero tu visita y si no eres seguidora me encantarías que te hicieras y así compartir nuestros blocs. Elracodeldetall.blogspot.com