photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, May 31, 2010

Thanks for an Amazing Write-Up!

peonies max wanger mary ruffle

{A Cheery Summer Arrangement Captured by Max Wanger}

I was completely flattered and pleasantly surprised this weekend, when the incredibly lovely and talented, Anisha Lakhani published the sweetest, most generous write-up about La Dolce Vita on her very well-written blog, Back to A. Anisha is the New York Scene Editor for PinkMemo, as well as a freelance journalist and published author.

{Anisha’s Novel, Schooled}

I recently read her novel, Schooled, a simultaneously hilarious and alarming tale of teaching and tutoring students from the most exclusive private schools on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. Schooled has received praise from The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and People Magazine among others. I thoroughly enjoyed the novel and as a former teacher and tutor, I was able to relate on so many levels, though admittedly, on a less grand scale. Manhattan is a completely different animal! It is incredibly flattering to know that someone as fabulous and accomplished as Anisha is a fan of my blog.

{Anisha and her super handsome pup, Harold Moscowitz}

Anisha is a fellow dog lover and pointed out that my dog, Tate deserves to have an official title. So, what should we call my little guy? Resident Cutie? Cuteness Ambassador? Any ideas?

{My Sweet Tate}

Thanks for the kind words, Anisha!

12 comments:

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Truly amazing, congrats Paloma, you deserve it!!

Carpe Diem said...

As a teacher myself, I am now interested in reading her book. Tate is gorgeous.

Courtney said...

Congrats, Paloma! Such a lovely post she did and all so, so very true! Around these parts sweet Burks is given the title of editor because she's always right under my desk when I'm writing. Where is Tate most often found? Watching the windows? Perhaps he's house security. In the kitchen? sous chef?? But then again I think he could take the title of resident cutie and run with it ;)

Gwen Driscoll said...

Congratulations. You do a phenomenal job with your blog. I love it and only hope mine can one day be as strong and successful. You're the best.

Ariane said...

It's so wonderful to see lovely, successful women supporting each other! Both write-ups are amazing. <3

MyFavoriteFrenchAntiques said...

"La Dolce Vita" had the great director, Fellini...perhaps Tate could be known as director..he seems to enjoy sitting in the director chair:-)

Anisha Lakhani said...

I was reading La Dolce Vita long before PinkMemo or moving or my Back To A blog or any of it ever happened - - to be featured here is as believable to me as Madonna titling her next song "Anisha." (ha, only kinda not joking. . .) I like what your reader Ari said - it is really wonderful when women support each other. I had NO idea you would do this and once again I'm totally inspired - Quaker Oats as a vase - how ridiculously chic. xoxox

The Iconic Blog.com said...

That is so wonderful. You deserve it!xxx

Anonymous said...

How great! Your blog is enjoyed by so many.
Little Tate... what a cutie. xo

Carolyn said...

Is Tate a cockapoo? I have a full on crazy puppy cocker now (Elsie is quite the looker), but a cockapoo back in the States. Tate the Great with the Plates. ha. Great write-up...I agree!

Unknown said...

oh Congrats to u - and the pup is too cute for "words"

*kiss kiss*
Erika

~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Unknown said...

Thanks, everyone! Carolyn, Tate is in fact a cockapoo. He just turned one on March 20th. :)