photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sleek and Chic: Hotel Abalú

 

facade  {Hotel Abalú}

I recently came across the Hotel Abalú, a former hostel turned tiny boutique hotel in the heart of Madrid. Located just off the Gran Vía, its location is pretty ideal. I love that each room is decorated differently. Some are muted and dressed in neutral palettes while others veer on the quirky side. Each guestroom is stylish, but maintains a sort of homespun vibe (think Anthropologie meets Flea Market Chic). To me, staying at the Hotel Abalú would be like staying in a very stylish friend’s guestroom for a few nights.

reception

Reception Area

lobby

Cool, Vintage Chairs in the Lobby

beauty bar

Beauty Bar Restaurant and Lounge

abalu9

Of course, I love the Imperial Trellis in this room!

abalu7

They seriously chose the coolest mirrors for this hotel. This one is so different from most of the starbursts I’ve seen.

abalu6

I could certainly do without the “mood lighting”, but I think the rest of this room is great.

abalu8

A soothing, neutral palette mixed with iconic chairs makes for a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of the city.

abalu10

Guestroom

abalu11

More fabulous mirrors!

peacock

How cool is this headboard? It just so happens to be in my color du jour, peacock blue, too.

abalu3

Masculine Touches

abalu2

I love the vintage telephone in this room.

abalu5

Another room with several great touches

abalu4

I love the gorgeous venetian mirror in this bathroom.

abalu

There are so many fun accessories in this room!

 

Image Credits: Hotel Abalú and Tablet Hotels

16 comments:

Jami - XOimagine said...

Cool headboard! I love all the colors they are using. And the glowing lights are a nice touch.

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness, what a chic hotel! Now I just need to hop on a plane to madrid....

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

Um. I die. And it's in Spain. Done and done.

Bailey@ peppermintbliss.com said...

Very cool...That beauty bar looks like Sweetie Pie in NYC!

Jen said...

TAKE ME THERE!!!!!!!!

I'm kind of glad that I saw this because I love it but kind of sad that I've seen because now it's burned in to my mine & I won't be there any time soon!!!

<3
Jen

Fargerike Dagny said...

LOVE it! Especially the peacock blue headboard! Definitely need to take a trip to Madrid!

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

WOW - what a great hotel... very different.

Averill said...

I feel like I should like this, but somehow it just misses for me -- maybe it's just trying too hard? It hits just about every major trend right now: Venetian mirrors, wallpaper (esp. textured), peacock blue, etc.

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

what a fun, colorful place! love the beauty bar, headboard and x bench.

xo,
cristin

Porchlight Interiors said...

Looks fabulous! Love the wallpapers! Tracey xx

Unknown said...

Averill, I think this hotel toes the line between tacky and fabulous, but there are so many great elements that I think I would enjoy a stay there. I like that it has personality, though some areas may be a little over the top. :)

 Viv said...

The Beauty Bar Restaurant is delightful. The tufting and white swirly chairs - cute!

Luray va accommodations said...

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel - beds were very comfotable and the staff extremely helpful and friendly. However the basin in our room had the tap too far from the basin so whenever you turned the water on it went everywhere. Also we would have prefered to have more of a separate bathroom - not too keen having it incorporated into the bedroom! Also the room could have been cleaner - there were large foorprints from dirty shoes on the floor which were there when we arrived and were still there when we left! Loved all the decor though and would come and stay again! Thank you!

Regards,

Erika Ward said...

To find that peacock blue headboard would be the score of the year!

Connie at Sogni e Sorrisi said...

Very cool. Especially loving the mirrors and that headboard! How I wish I could be in Spain right now...

LindsB said...

That blue headboard is awesome!! love the color and shape of it!